01 May 2009
Many thanks to The Climate Outreach Information Network (COIN) for providing the following online description and audio of Dr. Pachauri's important presentation:
We are delighted to present a recording of a lecture by joint Nobel Peace Prize Winner and Chair of the United Nations Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change, Dr Rajendra Pachauri. Dr Pachauri has made news recently by advocating eating less meat as a personal contribution to combating the problem of global warming and climate change. This advice has its basis in a recent report by the United Nations Food and Agriculture Organisation entitled "Livestock's Long Shadow" which showed that beef and dairy farming was responsible for a massive 18% of global greenhouse gas emissions - more than the entire global transport sector. The lecture is entitled "Global Warning - The impact of meat production and consumption on climate change."
- March (2)
- February (3)
- Nitrous Oxide: Ozone Depleting and Greenhouse Gas
- Pamela Rice "Troubled Waters: Oceans In Peril"
- Pamela Rice "Cyanide and dynamite: Reefs on the ed...
- Nikolas Kozloff "The Coolness Factor is Wearing Th...
- "Cattle Ranching Destroying The Amazon" Part 2
- "Cattle Ranching Destroying The Amazon" Part 1
- Aryan Tavakkoli - "Environmental Impact of Eating ...
- Mark Bittman - NY Times "Rethinking The Meat-Guzzl...
- Living On Earth - Ellen Silbergeld "Farming The Fl...
- Aryan Tavakkoli "Methane - The Hidden Danger"
- Noam Mohr "A New Global Warming Strategy"
- "The Hidden Cost Of Our Growing Taste For Meat"
- The Humane Society of the United States "Eating Fo...
- Richard Schwartz "An Alternative US Foreign Policy...
- Mike Hudak "Violence and Social Harassment"
- Ken Midkiff "Repetition Of A Lie"
- Plato, Pythagoras, Socrates
- Kathy Freston "A Few More 'Inconvenient Truths' "
- Pamela Rice "Fossil Fuel Alchemy"
- Howard Lyman and Jerry Cook "Environmental Effects...
- Karen Davis "Why Industrial Chicken Production is ...
- Dr. Rajendra Pachauri "Meat and Climate Change"
- George Monbiot "Why Vegans Were Right All Along"
- December (7)
- November (5)
- October (9)
- September (9)
- August (2)
- July (8)
- June (8)
- May (7)
- April (9)
- March (7)
- February (5)
- January (6)